Afghanistan as we all know today is dangerous place to live in. Many events that occurred have shocked the whole world like the never be forgotten 9-11 Attack, September 11, 2001 that Afghan people were involved. Afghanistan was a destroyed nation, a devastated place that should be repaired and rebuilt. But before the Afghanistan war, the nation of Afghanistan was once a peaceful place to live in. We should know that Afghanistan war will not destroy most the adults, but the children and women. Afghanistan war destroy lives since 1978 that many innocents already died.
Afghanistan was formed in the year 1747. It served under the British and Russian empires and gained independence and own control of people to their lands in the year 1919. Afghanistan is in the east of Iran and west of Pakistan and in southern Asia. The climate of the nation is winter and summer. The country is rich with natural resources like natural gas, petroleum, coal, copper, chromite, lead and many other minerals. Most Afghan people are Sunni Muslims. As of July 2012, the population of Afghanistan is 30 million. Their government is Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the capital of the state is Kabul. The election type they’re casting is 1 president and 2 vice presidents which voted by people. Their Judicial branch have the highest court of Supreme Court consists of 9 judges. Afghanistan war has begun when U.S.A wants revenge on the 9-11 attack.
There are several interesting facts and trivia about Afghanistan:
1. Darius I and Alexander the Great were the first to use Afghanistan as the gateway to India. Islamic conquerors arrived in the 7th century, and Genghis Khan and Tamerlane followed in the 13th and 14th centuries.
2. The New Year in Afghanistan, called Nawroz, is celebrated on 21 March which is the first day of spring.
3. Afghanistan is a country sharing borders with Pakistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and China which Afghanistan is in the center of these big countries.
4. Poetry is a big part of Afghans’ culture and it has been for centuries. People gather on Thursday night to give each other verses from old and new poems.
5. Afghan is the word for calling people and Afghanis is the name for the currency which is mistaken among people.
6. The national game of Afghanistan is called Buzkashi, which means goat-grabbing. It is a game where two teams were riding a horse and they will catch the goat with respective strategies and it is played for centuries.
7. 1.5% population in Afghanistan can access internet.
8. There are over one million people in Afghanistan who are handicapped and disabled which is from the 30 years ongoing war.
9. They have very hot summer and very cold winter.
10. Afghans drive on the right side of the lane.
11. Taliban people restrict most doings of a woman like education, work outside home, and leave home. Only task of women is to take care of the children.
12. “naan” is a kind of bread that should be in the table. Naan is the main food of the Afghan. It is flat unleavened bread.
13. In 1220, Mongol warriors under Genghis Khan conquered Afghanistan, and descendants of the Mongols would rule much of the region until 1747.
14. Afghanistan war has started in 2001 when United States of America that the terrorist behind 9-11 attack is lurking in Afghanistan.